On-site fuel cleaning service – recommended yearly tank maintenance
Your fuel is a vital component of your day to day operations. As much as you would like to think that a full tank is your assurance that your fuel is clean and reliable, it is not always the case. Overtime a fuel tank without proper maintenance becomes a perfect home for unwanted contaminants.
The most common concern is microbial growth. As the tank collects condensation, or minor leaks allow water into your storage, bacteria begins to grow, and turns into sludge, creating far more trouble than the average maintenance would cost. Damage can include a loss of engine power, costly repairs, increased downtime, and increased operating expenses.
Let Jackson Oil & Solvents set your mind at ease with an evaluation of your fuel. If contamination is found, our mobile filtering system can cycle the product through a series of filters and fuel conditioners that clean, dry, and restore the fuel, without even entering the tank. We can provide you with the service needed to bring your fuel back to optimal condition.
- What Is Fuel Polishing?
Fuel polishing is the process of removing contamination such as water and particles from fuel to ensure that it remains in line with fuel specifications. Polishing will also keep your fuel in optimal condition at all times.
- Why Is Fuel Cleanliness Important?
With today’s increasingly complex engine and injection systems, the tolerances are even tighter than in the past. Even small amounts of contaminants can cause loss of power, incomplete combustion, excessive emissions and injector failure; all of which lead to increased operating costs.
- How Does It Work?
A trained service technician will come right to your facility, dock or jobsite with our mobile fuel polishing system. This fully contained vehicle operates similar to a kidney loop by cycling fuel through a series of filters that clean; dry and restore your fuel to a “bright and clear” condition. There is no need to enter your tank.
- How Do I Know If My Fuel Is Contaminated?
If you are unsure if your fuel is contaminated one of our trained representatives will be happy to make an appointment with you to perform an assessment. We’ll take a sample and place it in a clear container so you can instantly see what is in your tank. Contact Jackson Oil & Solvents, Inc.
- How Much Does It Cost?
The actual cost of the fuel polishing service is minimal when you consider alternatives such as:
- Fuel Removal and Disposal Cost – If you had to replace the fuel in your tanks, how much would that cost and who would you get to remove it? Who pays for the HazMat fees?
- Interior Tank Cleaning – This involves sending one or more people into the tank to clean and scrub the walls.
Fuel Replacement Cost – Multiply the capacity of your fuel tank times the current cost of diesel fuel. (For example: 10,000 gal. tank x $4.00 / gal = $40,000)
- Downtime Cost – What equipment do you depend on? Generators; Emergency vehicles; marine engines; earthmoving equipment? What is the cost you if they are not able to run?
- Component Replacement / Repair – Injection systems are complicated and require specialized service when problems arise.